Image Map

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

EM LASH GALLERY MASCARA REVIEW


If you've been following along with the beauty community at all for the past few months, whether it be through blogs or youtube, you would know about Michelle Phans new makeup line EM. I know for me I never ordered anything because it was too expensive for my budget and they didn't have international shipping. So when I received this full size in an Ipsy bag quite a few months ago I was beyond ecstatic. I tried it out a right away and for a while so I could get a good review on it. I had low expectations because her line didn't get very good reviews but I was pleasantly surprised. 

Note: They have recently lowered their prices slightly and got inter. shipping!



Packaging: The packaging really isn't all that special, plain white with silver accents and a small symbol. It is nice but don't something to go raving about to everyone.
Rating: 3

Brush: Its a bristle brush NOT plastic. It is sort of pinched in at both ends then flares out in the middle which gives more product on center of the eye. The top collects product so it can make a huge mess if you accidentally get to close to your inner corner. The brush also has a curve to it making it good for curling.
Rating: 4

Formula: The formula is very wet  making it a messy application process if you aren't careful. It's not a put on and go type its more of a sit down and take your sweet time type. The mascara can be very natural but it can also be very dramatic, its all about the coats. It gives decent length but pretty good volume. I wouldn't say its dramatic volume but its close. The biggest thing for me is that it doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day yet its easy to take off. It is also low on the clump meter, again depending on coats.
Rating: 4

Final Thoughts: Overall I would recommend this mascara to anyone. Especially if you have more time in the morning for that true dramatic look but if you just want a little definition then you won't need a ton of time. Its flake free, easy to remove, little clumps and voluminous.
Overall Rating: 3-4 (more on the 4 side)

Thanks for reading my loves. Hope you got some insight into whether or not you will be purchasing this EM Mascara, buy here. Until next time my loves!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received the waterproof version in a previous Ipsy bag and it is amazing! Holds my curl like no other mascara plus gives great volume, length and dark black colour. So happy to hear they are shipping internationally!!
    From Runways to Realways

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the waterproof version because of flaking but i ended up with this one. I am also happy about the international shipping! A plus for EM!

      Delete