Image Map

Sunday, January 05, 2014

SHOP YOUR STASH- WET N WILD


Everyone has products deep in their collection that they totally forgot about. I know I do so I am starting a new series where I will feature one product that I decided to take out of my stash and use. I will then decided whether I want to keep it or not. This way I get rid of things I don't like while also finding new things I didn't know I loved. I encourage you all to do the same and Shop Your Stash! Todays choice is the Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Collection.







 The shadows are very buttery and creamy and easy to blend. The pigmentation of the shadows is slightly dodgy. It takes quite a few swipes to get it to an intense color payoff which is a huge bummer. Number 1 and 2 are absolutely ridiculous, I don't know how wet 'n' wild would even put them in the palette. They have little to no color payoff. They would be my most used eye shadow colors but sadly they are barely usable.

One big thing about these eye shadows that I really don't like is the fall out. These shadows have chunky glitter in them which seems to separate from the color when swatched or used. So your left with glitter all around your eyes and onto your cheek. tsk, tsk

I love how on the back of the palette they give you different combinations of colors that give you a different look. From natural to smokey. Its really handy for people that don't have a lot of creativity or makeup beginners. Its a very universal palette and can be used any time of day which makes it amazing. 

The best part though is that its only like $3-$5CAD. Thats crazy!

1- has very little pigmentation but its a shimmer white color
2- No color payoff at all! But its a matte mauve color
5- Good pigmentaion. A shimmery, frosty pink but shows up white/cream when used.
6- A burnt orange, red, purple color. It has decent payoff. Need to use a lot of swipes of color

3- Very good color payoff. Its a dark purple color with light shimmer
4- A slightly lighter color than 3 with more shimmer. Really good pigmentation
7- A black color with bronzy shimmer. Good color payoff. 
8- A black with sliver shimmer. Good pigmentation but shows up grayish.

My favorite colors from the palette are 5, 6 and 8.

Finally, I will be giving this away. I don't think the pigmentation is there and the fall out is too much for me. Yes some colors have good color pay-off but overall this palette is not up to par. Let me know what you think of this palette if you've tried it. 

Until next time loves! What have you shopped for in your stash lately?





No comments:

Post a Comment