Image Map

Friday, January 24, 2014

The Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag + Life Update!

Long time no talk my loves. You probably think I fell off the face of the earth but guess what? I didn't! I'll get more into where I've been at the end of the post because not everyone cares about my life. I decided to start my posting off with a tag that I've seen floating around the interweb. This tag has been popping up left and right in my blog feed so I thought I would hop on the bandwagon and do it as well.

1. Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
I definitely love Drugstore Dreamer here on blogger. She has tons of reviews up and all drugstore. Southern Charmed (formerly know as Little Miss Average) has great honest reviews up on her channel as well. But I haven't found the one blogger I always go to, I kind of just search Google. Looking for the one though, so if you post loads of reviews and swatches leave your link below!

2. Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favorite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
I almost always look for more reviews via other bloggers or the good ol' Google. The only time I don't is if I completely trust a blogger and tend to like everything they like. For high-end products its a must though!

3. What is your most favorite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
It would either have to be my Naked Basics Palette or the Benefit They're Real Mascara. Both of them are absolutely amazing and would recommend them to anyone! Use them everyday!

4. What is your least favorite item that you have ever bought as a consequence of blogs?
Either the Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara or the Maybelline BB Cream. Both are not nearly as amazing as they were hyped to be. Big let down by those two products. I have more but I don't feel like listing them all. Let me know if you want a post on products not worth the hype!

5. Name 5 products that you have bought recently as a result of blogs.
Haven't bought much makeup lately. BH Cosmetics 88 Color Palettes. MUA Makeup. Rimmel Apocalips. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. Urban Decay DeSlick Setting Spray. These aren't that recent but shh..

6. Have you ever given into blogger hype? If so, which hype?
Oh yes! All the time! I feel like I just answered the products in questions number 3, 4 and 5 so I don't want to be repetitive. But one major one is the Beauty Blender. It was talked about so so so much on youtube, blogs, online, in real life. I totally gave in!

7. Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
It's not that I've avoided them I just haven't gotten my hands on them. That is the Naked Palettes. Also the Nars Orgasm Blush. I can't justify spending like 20- 30 dollars on a blush!

8. Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking out a review?
80% of the things I buy are out of blog/youtube reviews. Sometimes I'm just walking down the aisle an I see something that catches my eye and into my basket it goes. I fall into the marketing traps/ schemes of brands. They suck me into the black hole and there is no way of escaping. 

If you were here for the beauty stuff them bye bye for now! See you in my next post! But if you want to know my life then keep on reading for more fun and excitement!

Right now my life has been a jumble of school, stress, social life and yes.. Netflix! Lame excuses I know but it's true! Lately I've just been dumped with loads of school work. I'm not the most stay focused type of person so it took me a lot longer. I've mean't to post so many times but one, I've had writers block since January 1st and two, I got busy. I thought I'd do better without a schedule but I guess not :/ I'm officially going back to my Tuesday, Friday, sometimes Sunday posting schedule with the hopes of staying on track. Be aware though, come mid-June I will be neck deep in exams and school so it may drop off a little bit. Well I think I've ramble on for too long and I've had the break I needed so I'm just gonna go and enjoy my life! Until Sunday my loves, Stay fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. blogger recommendations are amazing even if they are over hyped sometimes =D
    good luck with school work, just give it your all and it will pass soon enough and... lay off netflix >_< hehe

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes blogger recommendations are always good though! Thanks so much for your kind words! Haha I know, Netflix will be the death of me I tell you. Thanks Brigitte!

      Delete