Image Map

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Take-Me-Back Tuesday! 90s Trends

Hello Everyone

   Well... Where has September gone? September went by super fast, it's already October! Happy month of Hallowe'en! I want to do a Hallowe'en countdown through posts(a series) but I don't know if you guys would like that, do you? Let me know. But... Today's post isn't about Hallowe'en or even Fall, it's about past 90s trends that are making a comeback...



      

There are a number of things that were 'trendy' or 'hip' in the 90s and then they just fell off the face of the earth... until now. Some of these trends I am sad to say are coming back but others I am so excited. 


                                                             The first trend is:
         
Scrunched used to be crazy popular, in kids, teens and young adults. They were the 'it' thing, I'm sure we all had at least one in our life. This is a trend I am happy to say is coming back, they add such a fun and retro feel to a simple bun of pony. My favorite way to wear them is placed around a bun.


                                                             The next trend is:
                      

Leather, this as been around for a while but they used to where leather pants with leather jackets. A lot of leather. I am not sure how I feel about this one, I like the leather jackets(if done right) but I'm not a huge fan of leather pants. This isn't the best picture but google sucks. 


                                                                The third trend is:
                       
                 
Overalls.... *shiver*..... not a fan of this trend coming back. No offence if you like them. People used to where them one strap undone, both undone and both done up. They were baggy and frumpy. Now they are more fitted and they made short overalls, they are more fashionable now but still they make people look frumpy. Overalls were a unisex thing and now mostly only girls where them or little boys.


                                                   The second to last trend is:

Plaid. As you see from the picture above(who remembers clueless?) plaid was major. Even all plaid outfits. Nowadays people wear plaid shirts or flannels not plaid skirts, dresses or pants. Some still wear plaid coats but they aren't as popular. I love wearing plaid shirts, they are comfy and cute. I am not a fan of the all plaid outfits or lower body clothing. 


                                                          The last trend is:


Knee High Socks, again not a huge fan of its comeback. I like them with knee high boots, but not with short boots, high heels, sneakers or even thigh boots. I don't like them with any lower body wear except jeans or leggings. They used to wear them with skirts or dresses and small heels. Now they also wear them will shorts, dresses or skirts and short boots and sneakers. Not my favorite. 

What do you think of the trends that are coming back? 

Thanks for Reading!

Twitter:www.twitter.com/head2toevogue.com
Bloglovin:http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10823543/head-to-toe-vogue

xoxo,
head2toevogue

No comments:

Post a Comment