Image Map

Friday, July 26, 2013

Eyeliner 101! Part 1- Types of Eyeliners

 Hello Warriors


Second post of the day! *pats on the back* Anyway I am starting a mini series about eyeliner. I will make 3 or 4 posts about the basics of eyeliner! Exciting or What?? Lets get into...

I know for me that when I first encountered eyeliner I was like "What eyeliner do I use?!?!" "Where do I put it?!?!" "How do I use it?!?!" "I don't know what to do!!!". I'm here to stop the confusion and make it easy for people to know how to do it!

    
Today we are going to cover the types of eyeliners and the uses. First lets get this straight, eyeliners go on your eye: waterline, lashline, upper waterline or upper lashline, NOWHERE ELSE! There are many different types of eyeliners that you can use, some have a recommended place to put them but it's personal.

Theres.....



     <~~ Gel Eyeliner







  Retractable Liner ~~>







<~~ Nude Eyeliner






    Pencil Eyeliner ~~>





 <~~ Felt Tip(Liquid)






Use Eyeshadow ~~>

Gel Eyeliner is usually used on the upper lashline, mainly used to just create an intense single line. You can make a wing with it if you want.

Retractable Liner is the same as pencil liner. The only difference is if you don't like sharpening this does not need sharpening!

Pencil Eyeliner can be used for anything lower/upper lashline and lower/upper waterline! Its usually used for the waterlines or lower lashline. Its more difficult on upper lashline.

Nude Eyeliner is basically a pencil liner but nude. The nude is typically used for the lower waterline and nothing else. An alternative to nude is white eyeliner: Its used for the same things. Nude and White make your eyes look bigger!

Felt Tip(Liquid) is mostly used for a winged liner on the upper lashline. Your not really supposed to use on the waterlines or lowerlashline but can be done if you can do it. There is also just regular liquid liner which is harder to use. Its just a long skinny brush.

Using Eyeshadow gives a more subtle look, its not as harsh as other types. You can mainly use it on the lashlines. It can be used on waterlines though (probably won't)


Gel, Pencil, Retractable and eyeshadow usually come in different colors but it depends on the brand!  Nude and White are usually with pencil eyeliners as one of the colors.



Hope you found this helpful for all the eyeliner dummies! Stay tuned for the next Eyeliner 101! Thanks for reading.



Quote of the Post: "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken" - Oscar Wilde


xoxo,
The Warrior <3

**All Opinions are my own and I am not getting paid to mention any thing. All pictures are my own and all text are my own except the quote**




No comments:

Post a Comment