Image Map

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Parabens?!? What are they? Should I be scared?

Hello Warriors

  I have a more health related thing to share with you warriors today. This is a very important topic to me and I think it's good if you all know. I'm going to talk about Parabens! Most of you probably don't know what a paraben is, that's why I am going to talk to you about them...

First off, What are Parabens? They are a chemical that is used as a preservative in cosmetics, pharmaceuticals and food. They are low-cost so they are very common for people to use. Parbens have been found in breast cancer tumors, scary right? They also say that parabens mimic estrogen (female hormone which plays a role in breast cancer as well). There is no proven fact that parabens cause cancer but I'm not taking any chances.

How do I know if there's a paraben in a product? All you have to do is look at the ingredients list of your product. Parabens go by the names of methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, heptylparaben, isobutylparaben, isopropylparaben and benzylparaben.

Should I be worried? It depends on who you talk to, some people say there is no worry and they are harmless but other people say stay away from them they are harmful. I am the person saying stay away! Its better to be safe than sorry. If you use them saying they are fine then in like 5 years they prove they are bad, you are at a higher risk of illness than someone who didn't use them. Think about that.

Parabens absorb very quickly and into your body so as soon as you put it on its in you forever. You don't have to cut it all out completely right away, just do it slowly if you can.

Quote of the Post: "Your thoughts are your reality"- missmeghanmakeup on youtube
xoxo,
 The Warrior <3

No comments:

Post a Comment